Monday, May 17, 2021

From the Desk of Jim R, Take 2, Column 259: In the Spotlight: Tiffiney Spinks-Henry

By James V. Ruoccco

The name - Tiffiney Spinks-Henry - says it all.

Glamorous.
Welcoming.
Soulful.
Funky.
Charismatic.

The sound - hers, that is - is inspired, focused, confident, real and full of surprise. And that is exactly what puts Henry at the top of her game.

She loves to sing.
She loves to perform.
She loves being in front of an audience.
She loves to take chances.
She loves to be inspired.

In short, Tiffiney Spinks-Henry is a woman who wants to be heard.

She has great range.
She has great vocal power.
She knows how to sell a song.
She knows how to embrace a lyric and make it her own.
On stage or in the recording studio, her vocal musicality is natural, identifiable, incredible, unique and very, very special.

"I am a whole vibe!" she confesses. "I don't box myself into one specific genre. I am a multi-genre artist who offers my listeners a feeling and a vibe, not just a sound."

Case in point: Her sensational recording of Stevie Wonder's 1976 chart busting meg-a-hit "As."

When first released back in the '70s by Wonder, the song originally placed at #36 on Billboard's "Hot 100" and Black Singles Charts. A love song with a three-fold message, it celebrates a person's love for humanity and his or her beloved. It also pinpoints a special love for anyone who succumbs to the revelatory enchantment and spirit of  "As" and its marvelously detailed lyrics and orchestrations.

"I view Stevie Wonder as an icon and a legendary musical genius," Henry muses. "So to have permission to remake one of his songs (Henry's take on "As" has been recorded under the catchy title name of PhoenixFire Experience) was truly an honor and a blessing for me. His music is phenomenal and touches the soul of people."

Henry's new recording of "As" has pulse, drive, power and individuality.

"My song is on the radio," she happily reports. "You can hear it on 94.3 FM WYBC.

And that's not all.
"In the very near future, I will be going on a mini-US tour," she explains. "All details will be posted on my 'Facebook' page (Facebook.com/PhoenixFireDiva). I will also be putting out my EP this year so I will busy."

What thrills Henry most, of course, is her exciting, intimate connection between singer and audience.
It's a musical gift of high, natural energy and she plays it well with beauty, intimacy and sensuality. "A live audience gives real time energy back to me as I perform. I love to see the smiles, the head nodding and the body groovin' as I am performing.
"I perform two sets of music - up close and personal with a live band - which will include jazz, R&B and my new single. It's a guaranteed great night of soulful music."

For more information, visit www.facebook.com/phoenixfirediva.


No comments:

Post a Comment